Cheer Lutheran Centre
Cheer Lutheran Centeris one of the counseling centers for psychotropic substance abuser and it is subsidized by Social Welfare Department. Cheer Lutheran Centre has been operated from 1998 and is now serving the community of North and Tai Po District. Our services include individual and group counseling, preventive drug education for secondary school, outreaching, medical and family support, professional training and community education.
- To help the substance abusers to abstain from their drug-taking habits and develop a healthy lifestyle.
- To increase the drug awareness of those vulnerable to drug abuse and to steer them away from drugs.
- To provide counseling and assistance to family members of substance abusers as to help them deal with the problems.
- To provide professional training for allied professionals with a view to facilitating their assistance to psychotropic substance abusers.
- Body checks, drug tests, motivational interviews, and drug-related consultation in connection to the treatment and rehabilitation of the PSAs.
Habitual Psychotropic Substance Abuser
Occasional drugs user
General Youth esp. those at transitional stage
Public and allied professionals
Primary Prevention / Intervention
Talk and Workshop (School)
Community education (Community)
Secondary Prevention / Intervention
Tertiary Prevention / Intervention
Monday – Friday: 9:30 AM -5:30 PM
Tuesday – Thursday: 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Saturday: 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Free of charge